Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

My husband and I headed to the movies last weekend to see The Great and Powerful Oz.  Unfortunately, we didn’t get to the theater in time to buy tickets for the showing we wanted.   We decided instead to go to The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, a story about a Las Vegas magician.

I feel certain that Oz was greater and more powerful than Burt Wonderstone was incredible!  At the beginning of Burt Wonderstone, I could understand why we were almost the only ones in this particular theater.  We’d heard the film wasn’t doing well, and a lot of the beginning showed us why.

But then it started growing on us.  There were a lot of absurd things in it, but some of them were funny.  The cast was certainly enjoyable. 

And, since my latest Pet Rescue Mystery OODLES OF POODLES involved the film industry, I’m an advocate now of the American Humane Society and its “No Animals Were Harmed”® certification.  We stayed until the end of the credits to make sure it received that certification and that the small dogs, rabbit and birds in the story had been well cared for.  By then, we were the only people left in the theater.

Is this a review of the movie?  No.  I’m sure it’s not for everyone.  And I still want to see The Great and Powerful Oz.  But I’m glad we got to see The Incredible Burt Wonderstone before it disappears, magically or not, from the theaters.

How about you--have you ever wound up in a different movie than the one you started out to see, and did you enjoy it anyway?

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I was curious about the Burt Wonderstone movie because I have a magician/doctor of urology in my new series. I actually took a magic class and for about five minutes thought of putting together a show so I could join the Magic Castle.

Linda O. Johnston said...

How fun, Betty! I always enjoy visiting the Magic Castle.