Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Family Visit!


Last week I blogged about our trip to Florida the previous week, where we saw family including our little grandson Elliott.  This week, my son, daughter-in-law, and Elliott are here!
 
 I’m actually writing this before they arrive since I doubt I’ll have much free time today.  They arrive on Wednesday morning, and although I don’t know all the plans they have, at least some of them involve our taking care of Elliott.
 
Will I get much writing done?  I doubt it.  But I’m fortunately not in the middle of any pressing deadlines, except those that are self-imposed, and those can be flexible.
 
Even our dogs anticipated the family’s arrival--whether they realized it or not.  They both received baths yesterday, which happens, of course, but this time for a reason!
 
Oops!  Things changed from the time I started writing this.  I’ve received two new and immediate deadlines.  Well, I’ll do all the juggling I need to.  I know I’m going to have a great time with family together again, even if I have to keep odd hours to make it so.
 
How about you--are you anticipating any fun family visits?
 

3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I know about those surprise deadlines. I hope you get time to enjoy Elliot.

Betty Hechtman said...

I know about those surprise deadlines. I hope you get time to enjoy Elliot.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I definitely will, Betty!