Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Temperature and Other Changes


Snow two nights ago.  Temperature of 72 degrees at the same time last night.  Same spot?  No!  I just returned from a wonderful trip east of L.A., including some time in Chicago when the first skiff of snow arrived early this year.  The next morning, it remained in spots on cars and grass and a little on sidewalks, so I got to see it out the window as it arrived, then got to walk on it a bit.
           

So how was my  trip?  Wonderful!  I got to visit my son, daughter-in-law and grandsons in Chicago.  Before that was our quasi-annual trip to New York City.
 

Lots of entertainment on this trip.  Two circuses!  One was the Big Apple Circus, not surprisingly in NYC, and then we went to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus in Chicago.   At the Baron Funds Shareholders' Annual Meeting the lunch entertainment included Melissa Etheridge, Katharine McPhee, and Counting Crows, topped off by Barbra Streisand in the afternoon.  We also went to the Rockettes' Christmas Show. 
 

Plus, it was partly a business trip for me.  I got to visit with my Harlequin and Berkley editors as well as my agent.  Loved it! 

So, am I glad to be back in L.A.?  Yes and no.  I miss the grandbabies, but now I'm back with my canine kids.  Plus, I didn't get a lot of work done while traveling and have lots to do now.  But it was definitely worth the time--and the change in temperature!
 

Do you enjoy differences in temperature when you travel?  What's your favorite away-from-home entertainment?

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I know what you're talking about. It was snowing on my way to the airport Monday night, and here I am wearing short sleeves today in L.A.

It sounds like you had a nice trip.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I definitely had a fun trip, Betty, and hope you did, too--despite all the delays and the alligator!