Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Year End In Sight


Last week I blogged about the Thanksgiving/Thanksgivukkah holiday.  And now it's December.  The year 2013 is quickly drawing to a close.
 
I'm thinking about the good stuff that happened this year in my writing career.  For one thing, I had two books published in February.  The third for 2013 is out now: COVERT ATTRACTION, a Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel is a December release--my fifteenth Harlequin novel!  It will be followed in January 2014 by TEACUP TURBULENCE, a Pet Rescue Mystery which will probably be the last in that series. 

I also anticipate having two Harlequin Nocturnes published in 2014--two more in my Alpha Force miniseries about a covert military unit of shapeshifters. 

But right now I'm scheduling lots of events and blogs to promote my latest books.  Plus, I've been working on proposals for new stories.   

And I'm particularly delighted that I met my December 1 deadline for the first of my new Superstition Mysteries for Midnight Ink: LOST UNDER A LADDER, which will be a September 2014 release.  And yes, this is another mystery series that features animals since it's centered around a pet boutique. 

I'd thought that meeting that book deadline would mean I'd have a bunch of time to figure out what to do next, but things--including important ones--seem to keep occurring.  It's better that way, of course, as long as I remember to tell myself to breathe! 

I keep adding things to the waning December 2013 calendar, not to mention my 2014 calendar.  Lots keeps happening.  And there's lots to anticipate. 

But first things first: my family, of course, including its fur members.  In fact, Mystie is standing up and pawing at me as I write this.  She wants to go for a run outside.  So that's what's next.  And then some more writing on a proposal. And then some more planning for this year and next.  And then... well, it'll keep on coming! 

What's your year end like?  What do you anticipate for 2014?

4 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

More time to write! Congrats on all meeting all your deadlines.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Janie!

Betty Hechtman said...

I am impressed how productive you are Linda. And in different genre, too!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. My imagination keeps me going!