Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Still Getting Back in the Groove


I've been home for a more than a week now after my cruise.  I had additional edits to accomplish on my return, and I finished them on time. 

I also had to re-read the story I'm working on now since I'd ignored it for a while thanks to everything else that was going on.  But I've finally begun writing it once more.

Plus, I've started again to undertake the other stuff I need to do for my writing.  Promotion, for one thing, since there's a good possibility I'm going to have quite a few books coming out in the future.  A happy thing, of course.  But now that I'm back from my sort-of vacation, I really do need to get more into the everyday groove of my writing.  Pick up on the efficiency that I've let dangle a bit.

I keep telling my dogs that, but it doesn't stop them from telling me they want to go outside, or play, or both, every ten minutes.  I think they  missed me--and I definitely missed them.  So, giving them attention has to be incorporated into everything else I do, efficient or not.

Do you have any hints that I can tell my mind to encourage the return of my efficiency?

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

It's always hard to get back in the groove when you've been away. Great that you have lots of books coming out!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty!