I struck on the idea of having my character blog instead of me. Thus was born the idea for Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers. Anastasia is the crafts editor at a women’s magazine. I fashioned the blog to be the online presence of that magazine. Each day one of the magazine’s “editors” blogs about her field of expertise. Anastasia offers craft projects and tips on Mondays.
- Make sachet bags to drape over your clothes hangers or place in dresser drawers.
- Create drawstring gift bags for odd-shaped or any-size presents. You’ll be giving the recipient two gifts in one because afterwards, the gift bag can be used to hold jewelry, lingerie, toiletries, or just about anything else. Decorate the bags with smaller scraps of fabric and scraps of ribbon and lace.
- Make a crazy quilt fabric-covered picture frame. Embellish the frame with ribbon, lace, buttons, and beads.
- Cut out small simple shapes, such as hearts. Sew two together and stuff for ornaments or gift package decorations. Glue them to pin backs or barrettes for soft-sculpture jewelry.
- Glue or fuse fabric to heavy paper and use as appliqués for hand-made greeting cards and gift tags.
- Cut fabrics of different textures, patterns, and colors into 3”, 4”, or 5” squares. Sew six squares of the same size together to form a cube, then stuff. These make wonderful, tactile soft blocks for babies and toddlers.
For more tips and projects, stop by Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers every Monday.