Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meeting a Deadline


Last week, I mentioned my August 1 deadline for the first book in another new mystery series.  That date is fast approaching, and so's my trip to San Antonio for the Romance Writers of America National Conference. 

The good thing is that I've finished an edited draft that I think is about ready to go.  But I didn't want to feel rushed so I'll wait till I come back and take another look at it before I send it off. 

I also need to finish the related parts such as an acknowledgment and dedication.  And in this one I include recipes, so I need to polish them a bit, too! 

Then I'll need to look at my calendar to figure out when my next deadline is--December 1, I think.  And then I've got another on February 1, 2015.  In the meantime, I'll be doing a lot of promoting on my upcoming Superstition Mystery as well as family stuff.  But I take deadlines seriously and never want to have to ask for an extension, at least not if I can avoid it. 

How about you--what are the deadlines in your life?  And, BTW, because of my travel plans I may not be able to respond to your comments for a while...

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I'm afraid I do ask for extensions. However, whenever they send edits with a short deadline I always get the edited manuscript back when they need it.

Melinda said...

Good luck with your deadlines, Linda. And, enjoy your trip =)