Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fun with Facebook

I have a Facebook friend page.  I haven't yet tried an author page, and I've heard some of the pros and cons about starting one. 

I admit I'm not always diligent about posting on Facebook.  I'll check it out often and do a lot of "likes," but I don't always stick something on my own page or even share others' posts.

This week, though, I have been posting a few things.  One of them was the celebration of National Dog Day yesterday.  I definitely had to share that.

And on Monday I did a fun post where I mentioned that I'd seen the promotion for the new Disney version of Cinderella, which will be a 2015 release.  That particular promotion really caught my attention since its symbol is a glass slipper.  I consequently posted on Facebook the cover of my own Faerie Tale Romance called--what else?--The Glass Slipper!  It, too, depicts a glass slipper. 


This version of The Glass Slipper is my first republication of one of my backlist books for which I got the rights back.  It's only available on Kindle, at least for now.  The process was fun and educational, and now I'm particularly glad I chose its cover as a symbol.

One of the particularly enjoyable things about posting the cover on Facebook was the number of likes I got quickly.  Apparently friends, both those I actually know and those I know via Facebook, liked that cover and its symbolism, too! 

Will the upcoming movie make any difference in the sale of my story?  Unlikely, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the movie. 

In case you couldn't tell, I like Cinderella stories! 

How about you--have you seen the movie promotion?  Do you like fairy tales, particularly Cinderella stories?

1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

I haven't posted anything on facebook in over a week. I was too busy with the here and now and forgot all about it.