Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014


It's that time of year again.  Already.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. 

I'm glad I'm not the only Killer Hobbyist to blog about that special annual event this year. It's a subject that's important to all of us.  It doesn't only signify that this year will soon end, but it's a wonderful event that we can spend with family and friends. 

I'm looking forward to it, as usual.  For me, it'll be a small but enjoyable event.  This year, my husband and younger son will be with me, and so will one of my neighbors.  Both my son and neighbor will be supplying some home-cooked dishes, so I'm mostly cooking a turkey and stuffing.  Nothing too strenuous on my part, but it'll be fun. 

I might even get some writing in before we eat.   If my dogs let me.  I'm sure the aroma of turkey cooking in the oven will drive them even more nuts, ensuring they demand going out and getting treats every few minutes.  Of course they do that even when I'm not cooking. 

I've lots to be thankful for this year.  I've had four books published in 2014: my Pet Rescue Mystery TEACUP TURBULENCE, two Harlequin Nocturnes UNTAMED WOLF and UNDERCOVER WOLF, plus my first Superstition Mystery LOST UNDER A LADDER.  Not sure how many there will be in 2015, but I've got seven deadlines looming in the next couple of years and I anticipate at least two 2015 releases. 

Even better, I anticipate some fun get-togethers with family starting in late December, with a pending visit from my grandsons and their parents early in the new year. 

As always, I hope you and your family--human and furry family members--have a wonderful holiday.  Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Congrats on having so many upcoming books! Enjoy your Thanksgiving before we have to batten down the hatches for rain.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. I'm sure I'll enjoy both Thanksgiving and any rain we actually get!