Friday, January 9, 2015

One of Those Days

T



It has been one of those days. It started out with a trip to the dentist because a crown had fallen out. Luckily, I had the crown and wasn’t in any pain from being without it. I had my fingers crossed, he’d be able to just reglue it. Of course, that didn’t happen and I need a new crown.

Relieved to be at least done for now with dealing with my tooth, I went home anxious to get going on things I needed to do. I made the mistake of checking my email and the email where messages from my website are sent. Instantly, I saw a problem. Instead of showing the name of the sender, suddenly everything was coming from a email with my name in it, that I had no knowledge of.

Then the emails to my web person started going back and forth to try to straighten it out.

I had other things to do went to change the ink in our two laser printers as I have some big time printing to do for the family business. The color printer wa just fine. But the old black and white one became a problem. Both are network printers, but suddenly the black and white one insisted it was offline, even though it was turned on and did print when hooked up to my lap top. Clearly it was something with the network thing.

My son set it up probably five years ago and he’s out of town. I tried doing troubleshooting, but it was a wasted effort. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toner, since when I changed it seems to be when the trouble began. No luck.

All was not lost. I figured out I could do the printing with the black and white printer connected to my laptop. But by now the afternoon was fading to night and I hadn’t even begun the printing I had expected to finish.

After all the email miscommunications, I suggested my web guy and I talk on the phone, sure that would make everything crystal clear. Nope. But we sort of worked it out for the mean time.

By now it was dark and the day was over. There were garbage cans that needed to be brought in from the street, laundry to take in and more laundry to hang out. Not to mention working on the Worry Doll for WOUND UP IN MURDER.

But the frustration of dealing with the website emails, and printers that wouldn’t cooperate left me worn out.

All the electronic stuff is great, but it all comes with so much frustration and wasted time while you go in circles. After all the problems with my assorted email accounts, it kind of makes me long to deal with snail mail where all you have to open is an envelope.

So, I am pushing it all aside and I’m going to sit down and celebrate Hot Tea Month with a cup of green tea. All I have to do is dunk the bag in hot water, no special information needed. Yay

5 comments:

Planner said...

That's a lot to deal with in one day. Sometimes I long for the unplugged simplicity of life, too, even though I love my computer and electronic devices (that is, when they're not frustratingly uncooperative, of course).

Betty Hechtman said...

Planner, a new day and all the frustrations of yesterday are behind me.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Being a nontechie person, I sympathize and empathize, Betty, although you sound more knowledgeable than I am. In any event, I hope your computer issues are over and your dental ones are resolved soon.

chkntza said...

I hope all has been fixed and you are back on track.

Betty Hechtman said...

Thanks, Miriam. Everything got back on track and I got all my things done before I left for Chicago.