Friday, February 6, 2015

Happiness



I made my deadline and hit the send button last Sunday night and sent the revised manuscript of WOUND UP IN MURDER hurling through cyberspace to New York and my editor. She was happy with the changes and now it is off to the copy editor. I will probably get it back in a couple of weeks for one last look.

And now my editor has given me the okay on the synopsis for the tenth crochet mystery. I can’t wait to start writing it. In it, Molly and the Tarzana Hookers find a body. They don’t know who it is or how it got there. When I came up with the idea, I didn’t know the answer to either of those questions either. It was fun developing a plot around the idea and finding out (well, deciding is probably a more accurate word) who the person was and how they got where they were.

I couldn’t dive into writing as soon as I sent off the manuscript as I was busy with my other job. We put on two seminars this week. I put together all the materials (like printing over 1000 pages), make lots of phone calls, greet people when they arrive, set up appointments and follow up after the seminars. Because it is my family business, I care far more than if it was just a job.

But tomorrow I will begin writing. I look forward to getting into the middle of Molly’s life again. I really love having both of these careers going on.

A psychic told me that the older I got the better things would get (I was about 20 at the time). I think she might have been right.

4 comments:

Planner said...

Congratulations on finishing your revisions! You accomplished so much in a short amount of time.

The new "Molly" plot sounds great. If Adele was there when the body was found, I can just see her frantically grabbing Molly and saying, "Pink! Do something!"

Happy Writing!

Betty Hechtman said...

Planner, you have it right, though it is more than Adele who grab Molly and tell her to do something.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Delighted to hear that things are going so well for you, Betty!

Tracy Weber said...

Congratulations!