- Pick a focus word, short phrase, or prayer rooted in your belief system.
- Sit quietly in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes.
- Relax your muscles.
- Breathe slowly. Say the focus word as you exhale.
- Assume a passive attitude. When other thoughts intrude, just say "Oh well" and return to your repetition.
- Continue for 10-20 minutes.
- Open your eyes and sit for another minute.
- Practice once or twice daily.
Enjoy, and practice!
Come visit Whole Life Yoga in Seattle, and check out Tracy Weber’s author page for information about the Downward Dog Mysteries series. A KILLER RETREAT and MURDER STRIKES A POSE are available at book sellers everywhere!