Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Back-to-Back Edits


Since I mentioned last week that you must be tired of hearing me complain about my computer, I'll only say now that the situation still remains unresolved, although some progress should be made today.  I hope. 

What I'll talk about instead is that I'm now finishing up my second copyedits in about three weeks.  I worked on those for my upcoming May release, BITE THE BISCUIT, my first Barkery & Biscuits mystery, a few weeks ago.  And now I'm working on the copyedits for CANADIAN WOLF, my seventh Alpha Force paranormal romance for Harlequin Nocturne, which will be a September release. 

Although I'm fortunate enough to have some writer friends who will read a manuscript and give comments, it's always interesting to see what changes editors want.  Each editor is different, too.  But I've always been pleased with the ultimate result. 

I've had to put book 2 in my Barkery & Biscuits Mysteries on temporary hold, but I think I'll still be okay with its timing.  It's due on June 1.
 
Oh, and one other thing that's new.  I've had a presence on Facebook for quite a while, but had avoided Twitter because I was concerned about the extra time it would eat up in my day.  A friend who does PR for writers convinced me to try it, so I am.  So far, I'm pretty much just observing how it works but hope to figure it out enough to actually participate more than an occasional response or retweet someday.  Wish me luck!
 
What are you up to this week?

No comments: