Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another Release Pending


You may know, if you've been following my posts, that I have a release this month:  CANADIAN WOLF, the seventh book in my Alpha Force mini-series about a covert military unit of shapeshifters, from Harlequin Nocturne--a paranormal romance. 

Also, my second Superstition Mystery, KNOCK ON WOOD, will be released in a couple of weeks, in October, from Midnight Ink. 

And now... well, the other release I'm working on isn't a new book, but one of my first published novels, a time travel romance first published by Jove Time Passages for which I got the rights back and will soon make it available as an e-book.  It's ONCE A CAVALIER, and it features--you've got it--Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  Actually, it features some Cavaliers and some small spaniels that were Cavaliers' ancestors, back in the time of Restoration England.  And of course it involves a romance... and time travel. 

One of my backlist books, the fairy tale THE GLASS SLIPPER, is already available as an e-book, and I'm also working on getting a third ready--THE BALLAD OF JACK O'DAIR, another time travel romance in which the heroine visits the time and location of the Alaskan Gold Rush.

But ONCE A CAVALIER should be available soon.  It's about a woman in the present day--well, if you count fifteen years ago, when this book was first published, as the present--who sees, in a haze on a roof, what she believes is a handsome ghost, as well as an adorable spaniel, and is soon transported back to their time--Sixteenth Century London.  The woman, Larryn Maeller, is a doctor who winds up helping to save children from the Great Plague of London, even though back then women couldn't be doctors.  She works with the handsome guy she first saw in a portrait--and of course falls for him.  Hard.  And he's a doctor in his day, Thomas, the duke of Seldrake.  There's intrigue and love and lust and, yes, the Great Fire of London, too. 

It was a fun book to write way back then and to work with now--and the fact that it's got Cavaliers in it helps a lot!
 
Anyway, I'm still not sure when it'll be available but my wonderful advisors and I have been making great progress, so it should be soon.

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

How nice that your time travel romances are having a new life. It is almost like the books have time traveled into the future where there are all these new publishing options.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I love that concept, Betty! Thanks. I'll probably use it again!