Friday, January 8, 2016

An Apple a Day

I had big plans for this blog. I was going to write about Hawaii complete with photos, but then I hit a roadblock. I brought my new MacAir with me and keeping running into things I don't know how to do - like deal with photos. I'm sure that once I know how to do it, it will seem very logical, but for now I'm going in circles.

The Apple store offers a free class which I haven't been able to take yet. I hope it clears things up. I do like the keyboard and the fact the laptop is so thin and easy to carry. It is nice to type on, but everything is different. I suddenly realized I didn't even know how to highlight text.

I just wasted all kinds of time trying to send photos to my computer from my iPhone. I realized that the email account I was sending it to had disappeared from the computer because the password got changed. There was a whole business of codes sent to my phone to get it back, but in the end, the photo isn't showing up in the account.

I have at least figured out how to work on the copy edit of Gone With the Wool my editor sent me the day before I left. The word processing program on the Mac opened the document.

By now it is late and I am too tired to try to figure out anything else, so this will have to do for my blog this week.

7 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

I've never tried any Apple products, Betty, but switching techy things is a challenge for me. Hope it works out well for you soon!

Planner said...

Apparently, an Apple a day keeps the photos away! Technology can either enable tasks or prevent them. I hope the planned Hawaii blog will appear here in the future.

Aloha!

chkntza said...

I hope the Apple class helps you. It helped me tremendously. I love my Mac but when things don't go well or I don't know how to do something I feel very frustrated. The free Apple phone help line is also wonderful. They are very patient and understanding with my non tech self. Good luck!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda; I love a lot of things about the laptop and I'm sure I will all work out eventually.

Betty Hechtman said...

Planner, I'm still struggling with getting the photos from one device to another.

Betty Hechtman said...

Miriam, thanks for the advice. I didn't know there was a phone number.

Unknown said...

I have to share my experience because it is so similar. Had no idea what to do with all our honeymoon pictures from Hawaii, so I uploaded them all the my Apple and found a program that rotates them randomly on my monitor after a minute. I sit back often during the day and fall back to that wonderful time and place.

Alison Henderson @ Expert Computer Repair Philadelphia