Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Back to Romance

Last weekend, I was busy with romance.  Not personal romance, although I did spend some quality time with my husband.  But mostly it was with Romance Writers of America.  The two local chapters I belong to both held meetings, and I attended them.

And that's a good thing, since my writing is more on the romantic side than mystery at the moment.

My next release will be a Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel called COVERT ALLIANCE.  It will be published in August.
 
And the next book for which I'm under deadline is a Harlequin Nocturne, the eighth in my Alpha Force paranormal romance miniseries about a covert military unit of shapeshifters.  In fact, I finished some edits I was working on for my next Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, UNLUCKY CHARMS, and immediately had to change my mindset to start writing my paranormal romance which for now, at least, is called HERO WOLF.

That's some change, since although I wrote a proposal for that book a few months ago, it's a shift to get back to writing romance after keeping my mind mostly in mystery gear for a while.  Definitely fun, though.  And I've also written a proposal for another miniseries, this time for Harlequin Romantic Suspense, that looks very promising... hopefully, more to come about that soon.  My mind is used to doing that kind of shift, although I have to tell it to get busy!

And as you know, if you read my posts here, I'm into attending writing conferences--and the next two I've got coming up are romance oriented: the Romance Writers of America National Conference in San Diego next month, and I just signed up for next year's California Dreamin' conference, given by the four Southern California chapters of RWA every other year. 

So romance is sort of at the top of my list at the moment.  But as I've said often, all my romances contain some element of mystery or suspense, and all my mysteries contain some romance,


Guess I'd better think some more romantic thoughts for now, though.

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

It must keep life interesting to keep going between genres. I admire how well you pull it off.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. It's challenging but fun.