Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Home Alone -- Not!

Last week my post was short because I was grumping about interruptions to my daily routines.  This week, things are kind of back to normal, except that I'm taking my husband to the airport today.  He's visiting family in the east, and, though I'm jealous, I wasn't able to accompany him this time.

I'll therefore be home alone for a week or so--not!  One of the reasons I'll still be around is that I need to be there to heed the many orders of our dogs.  They communicate well, and I nearly always obey their commands.

So of course another reason I'm still at home will be quite interesting to me.  I made arrangements weeks ago to attend a demonstration of police K9 training by the Los Angeles County Police Canine Association this Saturday.  This is for research for a new series I'm working on that involves--what else?--dog training.  I don't anticipate using what I learn to try to teach my own dogs, but I'm looking forward to learning a lot.  Plus, I've got some other avenues of research lined up and find this area of learning a whole lot of fun, even if I'll use it primarily in my writing but not in my own life.

Meantime, I'm making progress on the draft of my next Harlequin Nocturne, another story about Alpha Force, my covert military unit of shapeshifters. 

And it's August now--the release month of my next Harlequin Romantic Suspense, COVERT ALLIANCE. 


So, yes, I'm busy and back to writing and researching and obeying my dogs.  Life's back to normal!

2 comments: