Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Work After a Busy Weekend

I've been busily at work on my next paranormal romance for Harlequin Nocturne about Alpha Force, my covert military unit of shapeshifters.  My deadline is September 1 and I think I'll make it!   I wasn't sure since a medical issue took some time, but I kept going as best I could and it all worked out.  At the moment I'm going over some notes a helpful friend made on my draft manuscript and hope to be able to send a polished version off before the deadline.
 
Life issues other kinds of delays, too.  I've posted here about my research about K9s for another miniseries I hope to write, and I had to fit that in despite not always having a lot to say about timing.

And I mentioned last week that I'd be on a panel with other writers at Book Carnival last Saturday as well as signing my new Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel, COVERT ALLIANCE.  Then, on Sunday, was the Los Angeles Romance Authors meeting.  These days the chapter meets in my neighborhood and I attempt to attend as often as possible to get together with other writers and learn anything new that I can.  Therefore, I had stuff going on during last weekend that also took time. 

But now my calendar is relatively clear till the end of the month.  As far as I'm aware now, I can keep on editing and hopefully get my manuscript in on time. 


And, as always, that feels good!



1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

I thought of your new K-9 series when I was at Disneyland. They have a handler walking a black lab along the line of people waiting to go through security. There is a big sign on the dog's vest that says Do Not Pet.