Wednesday, January 18, 2017

And Now It's A New Year

I've got three different blogs posting today.  I wasn't paying attention when I scheduled one of them for a Wednesday that happened to be the 18th of the month, but that's what happened!  I'm here at Killer Hobbies on Wednesdays, and I'm at Killer Characters on the 18th of each month --or at least my characters are.  I also scheduled a Writerspace blog for today.  So... the contents of this blog are pretty much the contents of my Writerspace post.  I learned something while putting it together anyway: I've already got a lot on my schedule for 2017!

Here's some of what I said:
 
First, I anticipate the publication of two new books, in different genres, this year: BAD TO THE BONE, the third Barkery & Biscuits mystery, will be a May 2017 release, and PROTECTOR WOLF, the eighth paranormal romance in my Alpha Force miniseries for Harlequin Nocturne, about a covert military unit of shapeshifters, will be published in June. 

But that's not all I'm doing that's writing related.  Last weekend I attended an author event at the Santa Clarita, California, Library.  Soon I'll attend Mystery on the Menu at the Cerritos Library. 

In March is California Dreamin', a conference held by several Southern California chapters of Romance Writers of America.  In April I'll attend Malice Domestic, all about cozy mysteries, in Bethesda, Maryland.

First thing in May, I'll attend a couple of events held by the Ridge Writers, which is the East Sierra Branch of the 106-year-old California Writers Club.  In June is the California Crime Writers Conference, which is a joint event by the local Mystery Writers of America and Sisters in Crime chapters.  Then, in August, I'll be giving a presentation to the new Santa Clarita Chapter of Romance Writers of America.

I think that's all I've scheduled so far, although I will attend meetings of local chapters of the organizations I belong to as well as get-togethers with writer friends. 

Gee, putting it all down in one spot like this really does demonstrate even to myself that 2017 is going to be a busy year. 

And have I described everything I'll be doing that's related to writing? 

Probably not!

Plus, there are time-consuming family-related things coming up as well.

And one other thing I didn't include at Writerspace: Cari!  My new puppy is a time sponge, especially since I'm giving Mystie a lot of extra attention, too.


So... oh, yes.  This year will be a busy one!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

It sounds like you have a busy year ahead! And filled with interesting events.









1

Linda O. Johnston said...

Yes--and I just added one more today!