Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy 2017!

It's here--the New Year.  We're already four days into it.  Time really passes quickly!

Over the past week, to celebrate the holidays, I've attended several light shows with family.  One was a boat tour of the harbor around Newport Beach, circling Balboa Island and others where lots of people still have amazing holiday light displays on their homes and boats. 

Another was the light show at the Los Angeles Zoo.  It's after regular zoo hours so we didn't get to see many animals except for a few reptiles like a crocodile and some lizards, and a couple of reindeer.  Live animals, that is.  Some of the lights were displayed to represent animals.  It was an amazing show!

Finally, we attended another light show at Descanso Gardens in La Canada-Flintridge, an amazing and large botanical garden that was also decked out in numerous glowing displays.

Guess what.  My mind was lit.  I'm a writer whose mind is always plotting, and I came up with an idea for a new mystery series based on at least one of the displays.  Now, all I need is some time to start a proposal... which may get no farther than an idea.  But I certainly started the new year feeling like who I am! 

Anyway, I'm about to send off one manuscript and dig more deeply into the next one that's due. 

And there's something else very special pending that I'll wait to discuss here till it happens.

The year 2017 will hopefully be a good one.  I'll have at least two books published: my third Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, BAD TO THE BONE, in May, plus my next Alpha Force Harlequin Nocturne: PROTECTOR WOLF, to be published in June.


Once again, Happy New Year.  May 2017 be wonderful for you!   

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

We traveled some of the same paths. I didn't go on a boat tour of Balboa island, but walked around it. And I went to the Enchanted Forest,too. And like you while I'm walking, I'm always thinking how can I use this. The houses on Balboa island all hug the sidewalk and people don't seem to close their drapes. It's so easy to look in and start wondering about the people inside.

I'm looking forward to hearing your good news when the time is right.

Linda O. Johnston said...

That sounds like a fun way to view the lights, too!