Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Yikes! Time to Write.

I've been grumping here a lot lately about all that's going on in my life, including edits and puppy care and how it all has been interfering with my writing.

Well, I turned in the most recent edit.  I also don't currently have any writing organization meetings I'm going to, at least for a week or two.  The puppy situation is still time consuming, and I hope to start Cari's official training next weekend if the weather cooperates.

But what am I really saying here?  I actually have some time to write!

Not only that, but I might wind up with additional time to spend doing whatever else I need to accomplish.  I have to figure that out.  Not that I don't have plenty to do but I've shoved so much aside for a long time that I need to determine what's next.

One thing I do a lot is blog, not only here.  I've another blog appearing today at The Writers in Residence, and I wrote about writers groups of various sorts.  Here's the link:  https://thewritersinresidence.com/

Of course this is likely to be just a short-term respite.  I've got a lot of things going on again soon, including blogs and talks and writers conferences.  And family stuff.  And dog stuff that continues.

But for now, just thinking about it, I feel a bit overwhelmed about... nothing!  Except figuring out what comes next.  Oh, and I do have that manuscript to keep on writing with a lot less time to finish it than when I started it and kept getting interrupted.

So maybe I do know what comes next... that, and plotting the new idea that's been mashing around in my mind that I didn't have time to flesh out much before.


Oh, and soon I'll need to start promoting my new books that'll be out starting in May: Bad to the Bone, a Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, and, in June, Protector Wolf, an Alpha Force paranormal romance.


No comments: