Wednesday, March 29, 2017

After California Dreamin'

Last weekend I attended California Dreamin', a romance writers conference held by the Southern California chapters of the Romance Writers of America.  It was located in the Embassy Suites Hotel in Brea, as before.  The chapters hold it every other year.

I often ask, or am asked, to do a workshop or get on panels at conferences but I didn't this time.   I therefore wondered if I would enjoy it as much.  Well, I did enjoy it!  First, it's always fun getting together with writer friends.  In addition, I was inspired to do more to let the world know about my writing.  Now, I need the time, energy and possible assistance in following through, but at least I have more ideas!


I have a couple more conferences coming up this year, both of them mystery related rather than romance since I'm not attending RWA National in Florida.  I'll be interested to see how much I've accomplished of the promotional and other stuff I was inspired to look into by the time the next conference, Malice Domestic, rolls around at the end of April!

I'd better get busy writing right now.  My puppy Cari is sleeping!  I'm sure my older pup Mystie is happy, since right now her face isn't being licked and her ears aren't being bitten. But on the other hand, she's not able to tease Cari with one of her toys.

No comments: