Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Library Event

For the last couple of weeks here I've been telling about events I attended--so why stop now? 

Last week, I was one of quite a few authors invited to attend an event that was part of the reopening of the main branch of the Glendale, California, library.   There, I was on a panel where we discussed how to promote your books.  Two prior panels had been on writing and publishing, and the audience consisted of the other attending authors plus local residents visiting the library.

My fellow panelists approached publicity similarly to me, yet different: social media, attending events like that one, newsletters, blogs and more.  They were probably more organized than me, but oh, well.  We all had something to contribute to the panel. 

Later, we did readings from our books.  The attendance at the event remained minimal, but it was fun interacting with the other authors.  I hope the library and those other authors enjoyed it, too.

And, hey--know what?  My latest Barkery & Biscuits Mystery BAD TO THE BONE has now officially been released! 

Will I be doing more promotional events for it?  What do you think?

And will you hear about them here in the future?  Again, what do you think?

1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

Congrats on the release of BAD TO THE BONE!