Monday, June 12, 2017

Creating in Miniature & A Mystery

Whether you write or have a hobby, both are satisfying ways to let out your creativity.

When it works, those words on the paper give you joy. And when it doesn't, well, we all know the torture of wrestling with stubborn words or sentences.



I'm in the pre-formatting stage now of my latest project, The Haunting of Dr. Bowen, A Mystery in Lizzie Borden's Fall River. The novella provides another glimpse into my supernatural vision of Fall River. No zombies this time, though, as in Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter. 

So, I'm done with the million edits now, a cover is ready, and the formatting is next! The photo includes one of the story's lines.

This has been an interesting project, which began with  a question I had - how would coming upon the Borden murders that Aug. 4, 1892 affect Dr. Bowen, the family physician and neighbor? Was there something haunting him, and the city, that such terrible deeds could be committed?

The Burden murders, you see, were not the only ghastly deeds. Did you know there was another axe murder around the same time? The area also had a history of wars between the Indians and the Colonials. Stay tuned for more details on the project. You can sign up for my newsletter at my website and check the Dr. Bowen page there, also.

As for my other creative outlet, I love finding bargains at the local flea market! Here's a glass case I just found! I'm going to display some items I made before for my miniature Ladies' Shoppe (still in the planning stage.) At least I can display some things instead of keeping them in boxes. The pretty couch is resin and actually was sold as a Christmas ornament at Hobby Lobby. I have several pieces I was lucky to find since they don't seem to offer them anymore.  I repainted and added French labels to the small chest. I love the shabby chic style!



That's all for now! Happy creating! 





1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Your novella sounds fascinating and fun! And finding bargains is always a joy.