Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My Harlequin Update



June is ending soon.  This month my eighth Alpha Force Harlequin Nocturne, PROTECTOR WOLF, was published.  As I've mentioned before, it might be my last Nocturne--and it might not be.  Harlequin is ending the Nocturne line after next year, and I might wind up writing one more before they're over.

But I did get some good news from Harlequin this week.  I've mentioned before that I'm writing a new mini-series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense about a K-9 ranch where people train dogs for many reasons--as police K-9s, service dogs, or even just better mannered pets.  I now have the actual series name:  K-9 Ranch Rescue.  The reference to rescue isn't only to some of the pets.  Since the series is romantic suspense, there are rescues within the romances--and suspense--as well.  I think the name fits well.

I also have the title to the first book: SECOND CHANCE SOLDIER.  The hero is former military with PTSD who has trained military K-9s, and now that he's out of the military he will train dogs for many reasons.  He brought his own military K-9 back with him, too.  He will be the primary dog trainer at the Chance K-9 Ranch--and first thing, he has to help solve the mystery of the murder of the owner, father to the woman now running the ranch who hires him.  And I'm sure you can figure out who the romantic interests in the story are!  SECOND CHANCE SOLDIER will be a March 2018 release.


I'm currently working on book #2 in the series and need to come up with a title that's compatible with the one for book #1.  I'm definitely enjoying creating this series.  Yes, more dogs in my writing!

4 comments:

holdenj said...

Good news!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, holdenj! :)

Betty Hechtman said...

Your research must be interesting. Last year at Writers Police Academy, there was a former police officer who had ptsd and had a service dog who he brought to the workshop. The dog worked the room, stopping at each person. The dog could sense when the former officer was anxious and went right to him. When he was really anxious the dog would sit on his chest.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Oh, wow! Wish I'd been there. I've been really enjoying my research including K-9 demonstrations, and am also researching therapy dogs. Service dogs are on my list, too!