Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Siren Song

There I was zipping along in my car...I mean driving the speed limit...on my way to the craft store for Scrubby Yarn when a song playing on the radio caught my attention. I turned it up. Images popped into my head. A story began taking shape. The song ended and I knew I'd have to track it down. There was story being born from it. I didn't know if the idea would expand, but I had to find out.

Fortunately, I was able to find it on iTunes. I listened to it and images came into my mind. I replayed it, over and over. A more concrete plot took shape. The heroine introduced herself to me, along with the reluctant hero. He wasn't sure he was the right match for this story. But that was the basis of the story--the relationship between them--he thought he was too flawed, too imperfect for her while the heroine believed the hero's flaw was also his strength. The reason for his beliefs is what has really gripped my imagination.

I'm still editing Altered to Death so it'll be a month before I can start working on the book. And to think it was a song, and not my angsting and over thinking, that has determined my next story. I do believe it'll be a book length project but I'm going to see where the words take me.


1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Isn't it fun how unexpected things lead to story ideas?