Friday, October 5, 2007

Notes from the road: launch week for DYING TO BE THIN


On Tuesday, DYING TO BE THIN began appearing in bookstores everywhere.

Launch day began with a bang—early Tuesday morning I appeared on regional radio, AM 1290 KZSB in Santa Barbara, which gets distributed all over the world. My host was the genial Baron Ron Herron, who started off the interview by making me laugh with a discussion about Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and his affair with a Telemundo TV reporter (who, when last heard from, had been exiled to Riverside—which is kind of like Siberia, only hotter).

From there, we went on to talk about my book, and we touched on the next installment in The Fat Series Mysteries series, A KILLER WORKOUT.

On Wednesday, I visited AdviceRadio.com with host Megan Willingham. Megan is a truly wonderful interviewer. She has a warm, intime interviewing style, and asked many thought-provoking questions. She’s the kind of interviewer who makes you want to confess all your secrets! We were laughing together like a couple of old friends after just a few minutes on the air. I really enjoyed the hour. You can listen to the podcast this week at:

http://www.adrenalineradio.com/podcast/

(Click Writers).

Later that day, bearing cookies in hand, I started visiting bookstores to sign stock. The staff at my local Borders bookstore rewarded me by moving my books from the shelf to the table in the front of the store, where the featured releases are. I call it the Power of Cookie Persuasion!

This weekend, on Saturday, I’ll be appearing with fellow blogger Linda O. Johnston at Mysterious Galaxy bookstore in San Diego. We’ll be interviewing each other and talking about the cozy mystery genre.

On Sunday, October 7th, at 3 p.m., I’ll be giving a talk at the San Diego Public Library. I’m billing the talk “From Daydream to Reality: one writer’s journey to publication.” But in reality, we’ll be talking about anything and everything when it comes to writing. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'm delighted to be able to participate in your launch week, Kathryn. Only wish I had your energy, as well as more time! All the best on the beginning of what I'm sure will be a great additional career--and I can say this with knowledge since I'm reading DYING TO BE THIN and really enjoying it!
--Linda

Anonymous said...

Have fun this week, Kathryn! And see you in downtown L.A. later this month.

Kathryn Lilley said...

Thanks, Linda! And look forward to seeing you later this month, Naomi! Kathryn

Deb Baker said...

I'm so excited for you. Wish I could come along.