Friday, March 14, 2008

Writer’s Chatroom and Dallas Book Diva

We interrupt this blog for a little BSP…

I was honored to be a guest at Dallas Book Diva and the Writer's Chatroom this week.

First, I was interviewed by Cheryl Nason at Dallas Book Diva. (You can hear the interview at

Cheryl is a wonderful interviewer, and she made me feel very comfortable. You can click on a link on the site to purchase the books directly, which is a great service to authors.

My second experience was a two-hour online chat at the Writer’s Chatroom. (Check out the site at
This was my first visit to the Writer’s Chatroom, and it was so great to be hosted as an author! Going in, I wondered if there could possibly be two hours’ worth of questions that would come my way, but before long I was typing my heart out! (There is a “halftime show” to let the author take a finger break).

It was a lively discussion with about 20 or so people, and we touched on everything from writing to dieting to sex (natch, this is chick lit, after all!). I was so happy to “meet” everyone online, and can’t wait to attend again. The staff at the Chatroom does a great job of making the author feel comfortable fielding questions and communicating online with readers. The two hour chat flew by!
If you haven't discovered these two sites as a reader or as an author, I recommend you stop by for a visit. It's a great way to discover new books and points of view!
I think interactive online venues [(in additon to blogs, of course! (grin)] are a wonderful new way for authors to "meet" readers, and for readers to discover new writers.
What about you? Are there any interactive author/reader venues that you have discovered, and that have been rewarding?


Joe Moore said...

Good job in the Writer's Chatroom on Sunday, Kathryn. I really enjoyed it as I'm sure the others did, too. It's a great way to meet readers and fellow authors, and not have to get out of your jammies. :-)

Kathryn Lilley said...

I was so happy to see you there, Joe! It was great to see a familiar "face"! I'm going to try to drop in tonight-sounds like a great author guest.James McMullen sounds like a fascinating guest.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree that chats are fun ways to meet readers and answer questions--sometimes offbeat ones! I mostly chat at which hosts my website. They have other enjoyable topics on their site, too, including spotlights, news... and a pet page!

Camille Minichino said...

I'm happy to have two leads. Thanks Kathryn and Linda.

Kathryn Lilley said...

Oops, I meant I'd drop by the Writer's chatroom on *Sunday* night! It's every Sunday night 7 p.m. Eastern Time.

Annette said...

Interesting topic today.