Tuesday, April 18, 2017



Here is the cover of the hardcover version of The Chronicles of Deer Abbey.  I love the vivid colors of it.  We are going to get a couple of copies to look at and approve and then the book will go on sale from Amazon in a couple of weeks.  This is very exciting!


We had a lovely Easter.  Good friends, good food (too much food, of course), and a movie.  We watched “Moana,” which was even better than I thought it might be.  Then I got out my hats and Ann, Becky, and Tanya tried them on.  I had made an agreement with Ellen that every time I brought home a new hat, an old one had to depart.   My new spring hat was a success on Easter Sunday, so I had to decide which of my other hats I could part with.  Tanya and Becky are coming with us to Magna cum Murder in Indianapolis this fall and Tanya wanted to wear a hat in honor of the occasion.  So I told her she could  have her pick.  I have a rather beautiful purple felt hat with a bunch of curly feathers and ribbon on one side that looked really good on her, and she chose that.  I was a little sad to see it go, but I know Tanya will take good care of it and will love it as I have.  Then Becky tried on my “Mardi Gras Parade” hat, a silver lamé  number that is towering twirls and a big medallion, flat on the back and with a little brim in front.  Or, if you like, flat on the front and with a little brim in back, you can wear it either way.  It looked amazing on her, and I have agreed to loan it to her for Magna.  I’m not sure which hat (or hats) I’ll bring.  The event is a mystery convention and takes place at the Columbia Club, a historic and very upscale place in the center of the city with old-fashioned rules such as gentlemen must wear a suit or blazer and tie in the formal dining room.  The sort of place you almost expect to see Christie, Sayers, Marsh and Allingham at a table having tea and talking about poisons.  Ann fell in love with a strange hand-crafted hat in autumn colored fabric I might loan to her some time, but not to Magna, as she’s too insecure to travel.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Always fun to have a new book coming out!