Friday, December 15, 2017

My Week

I really didn’t know what I was going to write about this week. The exciting thing that happened with the manuscript I’m working on is that I discovered a much more interesting way of killing the victim. Only it meant making a whole lot of changes in what I’d already written but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

It definitely got my families attention when during a car ride to one of our offices I mentioned my new method of murder. And then they went back to whatever they were talking about.

I had a flash of inspiration while walking on the treadmill and suddenly knew what was going to happen at the very end of the book even though I’m still dealing with the middle.

And then I got an email from my editor that she realized they didn’t have a picture of me and needed like right away. I’d been using one that was getting to be a little old and besides it wasn’t the 300 dpi image they needed. Luckily, one of my son’s friends is an excellent photographer and knew how to get a photo with the right resolution I needed. And was nice enough to do it right away. I already sent it off to my editor.



It is just sinking in that Christmas is almost here. It is so different now. Nothing seems to slow down for me around the holidays. It always seems I have a book due and this year I’m trying to learn an accounting program. I have spent hours on the phone dealing with banks and credit card companies about setting up online accounts. Instead of sugar plums dancing in my head, there are six zillion passwords.

And there’s a new addition to the holidays this year. Jake’s first birthday is December 23.

4 comments:

Linda Osborn said...

The new picture is great ! Out of all your business, that wonderful bright spot of Jake's birthday will bring so much joy--nothing like a first brithday and a first Christmas to celebrate !

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, you are so right. Jakey's first birthday is a huge event. And Christmas is so much more fun with kids.

chkntza said...

I love the picture! You look great!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Nice picture! And Happy Birthday to Jake.