Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Random Notes

Wow, it’s Tuesday!  It feels like Saturday.  I woke early this morning and thought about heading out to the golf course for a quick game before the weather turns hot.  Before I went, I sat down for a quick session on the computer – have I mentioned that I’m addicted?  Ever since I sat down one morning and watched, live, the second airplane hit the second of the Twin Towers, I feel a need to take at least a quick look at the Internet, to see if there’s another life-changing horror in the making.  Then I remembered:  Killer Hobbies!

This past Thursday I played the second best golf game of my life.  I can’t explain it, I don’t feel I was doing anything differently, but my drives were straight down the fairway and longer than usual, and I made a couple of long putts.  I did the same thing once last year.  I understand this happens even to the pros.  It’s exciting and immensely satisfying – but I wish I could duplicate it at will.  I just know my next game is going to be disappointing.

Another disappointment?  My diet.  I’m down just six pounds – no, five pounds – no, six pounds.  It keeps jumping back and forth.  But I am learning to live without bread, sugar, potatoes, corn, breakfast cereal and other high-carb foods.  I feel better, more alert, and my blood sugar is down ten to fifteen points.  My cat Snaps has developed a fanatic interest in yogurt.  He insists on a share and we have finally come to agree that he gets to lick the empty single-serving carton.   Is it okay for a cat to eat a dab of Greek yogurt?  It doesn’t seem to do him any harm.

Tomorrow is the Grand Old Fourth.  We’re having company for a steak dinner and fireworks at the park right next door.  Hope your holiday is a memorable one.

3 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

I've tried playing golf at various times in my life, Monica, but never really got into it despite being told once--only once, at a lesson--that I wasn't bad at it. Enjoy your Fourth!

Betty Hechtman said...

one of my cats adores yogurt. She eats a little bit of it all the time and seems to be fine with it. So, I'm sure Snaps should be fine with his.

Betty Hechtman said...

one of my cats adores yogurt. She eats a little bit of it all the time and seems to be fine with it. So, I'm sure Snaps should be fine with his.