Thursday, August 2, 2012

Digital Adventures


So last week I wrote a little bit about digital scrapbooking. I thought I’d let you know that I’m still working it out. Meaning I’m a little frustrated by a few things.
First, I find myself really loving Coolibah for many reasons. First, it’s easy peasy. You have digital kits right there in their galleries. Some are free. Most are 99 cents. But here’s the rub: you can only use the kits they have in their gallery. To me, it’s frustrating because I really only like a few of the kits. As I mentioned in the previous post, the aesthetic of Coolibah doesn’t really appeal to me. As I understand, they are always working to bring in more kits and so on, but for now, for my taste, it’s lacking.
As far as Martha Stewart Craft Studio, I’m basically in the same place with it as I was last week, though I’ve created a couple of thank you cards and it was a lot of fun. Beautiful to use. But I still don’t know how to create "tradtional" scrapbook pages on it. I’m thinking the only kind of scrapbook pages you can create is mini-pages. And that’s okay because I really love mini-albums for a lot of reasons. But the fact that the ap promises scrapbooking has left me a little disappointed, which I’m sure I’ll get over.I just need to rethink it.
I messed around a bit more with Photoshop Elements. It takes up a lot of computer space and is very slow to use on my 7-year-old Mac Mini. But I can see that it’s the program that really allows for the most creativity. So I need to free up more space on my computer and have at it. Easier said than done!
There are many other aps and programs out there and I plan to check out all of the free ones and maybe some of the less expensive of a few of the others.  Anybody else have digital adventures to report on?

3 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Your digital adventures sound a lot more creative than mine, Mollie, even if they're frustrating. I'm frustrated about not being able to change an erroneous ID being shown in a Yahoo Group I just joined at a different email address from the rest. Strange--and time consuming!

Mollie Cox Bryan said...

It is. And this technology business is supposed to make our lives easier!

Judy said...

I have not used digital scrapbooking because I like the texture and depth given when I use the old fashion method. I have heard though the Creative Memories digital scrapbooking is good.