Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Getting Out There Even More


Yes, I'm at it again--talking about stuff I've been doing to let people know about my latest releases, KNOCK ON WOOD, my second Superstition Mystery, and CANADIAN WOLF, a Harlequin Nocturne. 

I'd mentioned last week that I was going to be interviewed by an online radio show.  I didn't actually promote it much in advance since I was concerned that, if I blew it, it would still be there online potentially permanently.  I think it turned out fairly well, though.  My dogs even helped.  I let the interviewer know that, since this was being handled by a phone call, it was possible that my demanding pups would tell me they wanted to go out or get a treat.  Or just bark. In fact, Mystie is barking at the sound of an engine outside as I write this!  Though I had my husband on call to take care of them, their barks might nevertheless be heard over the interview.  But actually they were pretty good.  Lexie even lay down on the floor beside me as I talked about her. 


Tonight I'll be participating in a cozy v. noir smackdown at the NoHo (North Hollywood) Lit Crawl, where I'll read passages from my books representing cozy writing on pre-selected topics, along with other cozy writers, and others who write noir will come right back at us on the same topics. 

And this is my week to kind of oversee a Facebook group that I belong to and love, Nose For Trouble Mysteries.  It's an open group but you have to ask to join.  I've been focusing on what commenters would do to solve real mysteries with their pets.   

What am I writing now?  I'm working on my next Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel.  And I'd better get back to it now!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I'll be interested to hear how the "smack down" went. I was invited, but I have my nose to the grindstone with my deadlines and had to pass.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Sorry you weren't there, Betty. It was great fun! I think that cozies won the smack down but it didn't really matter. Everyone seemed to have a good time.