Tuesday, September 5, 2017

*sigh*



Work on Tying the Knot has again ground almost to a halt.  As usual, I don’t know why, and it’s painfully frustrating.  Makes me want to throw my computer away.  But what other work can I do?  It was, for many years, my one big talent.  Now I can only stitch – and not very well (note the lack of ribbons from the State Fair).  No income from that.  Maybe I should get into politics, there seem to be a lot of politicians who wind up very wealthy – plus, I’m very opinionated.  (Relax, that’s sarcasm!)

No, I’ll keep struggling with this awhile longer.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

For heaven's sake, don't throw your computer away! You know perfectly well I'll be stuck with resurrecting it!

Linda O. Johnston said...

My suggestion would be to go do something entirely unrelated to your writing--till your subconscious has figured out what happens next!

Betty Hechtman said...

I agree with Linda. You might be trying too hard. I've done that and then I get panicky when words won't come which only makes it worse.

Monica Ferris said...

Betty, one thing I've been doing is going over and over what is there, replacing a word here and there. Very picky. Your advice, and Linda's, is sound.

Ellen said...

I just go over the last chapter I've done, picking up a head of steam to use on the next chapter.