Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Barefoot Hero



The kind of hero fiction writers invent (love the bare feet!) - turns up in real life:

Our cat Java has settled deeper and deeper into the routine of the household.  She manifests her deep trust of us by sleeping on our legs when we sleep or watch tv.  And curiously, she lays her head down heavily on a leg or, preferably, on a hand or wrist.  I’ve never had a cat lay down her head so weightily.  When we’re not paying attention to her, she complains to us in her raspy voice and if that fails, she gets up on a shelf or table and begins pushing things off.   Shout at her, and she looks at you with those copper eyes and says, as if to explain patiently, “Raaaaaaaaaah.”

Tomorrow I can go to the therapy pool at Courage Kenny!  Another choice regained.

3 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Yay to Java. My younger dog Cari insisted on lying on my lap as I wrote this.

Betty Hechtman said...

I had a Siamese cat who used to sit next to my typewriter and rip the paper out as I tried to type until I paid attention to him.

Good luck with the therapy.

Monica Ferris said...

Lots of cats love to attack paper coming out of the printer. My Java is afraid of the printer and will run out of the room when it starts.

The pool was great! Lovely very warm water up to my neck made it easy to do jumping jacks and cross country ski movements. No soreness afterwards either.