Friday, December 1, 2017

Anatomy of a Cold

This week didn’t go as expected. I awoke Monday morning full of plans for the day and the week. And then I began to feel crummy and realized that I must have caught my husband’s cold. As the day progressed, I felt worse and ended up slumped in front of the TV all day drinking tea.

I was also haunted by all the things I had to do, but couldn’t do because I felt so ucky.

Tuesday morning feeling crummy had escalated into watery eyes, sneezing and when I wasn’t sneezing, feeling like I was going to sneeze. I tried to read, but my eyes felt too uncomfortable. It was the same when I tried to knit. Finally I gave in and binge watched Gilmore Girls on some cable channel.

Wednesday I awoke with a sore throat and wondered if instead of getting better I was getting worse. But after numerous cups of lemon juice, hot water and honey, the sore throat started to get better and I noticed the sneezing had stopped and my eyes weren’t watering anymore. However, I could barely talk. But I could tell the cold was on the run. I even managed to spend hours on the computer working on the next Crochet Mystery.

Thursday I awoke with a scratchy throat that went away completely as the day progressed. I noticed that I felt okay. I wanted to jump for joy. I went out to my knit and crochet group and afterwards went grocery shopping. It was a beautiful day and I was grateful to be out enjoying it.

The only sign of the cold was an occasional cough. And life seems to be so much easier now that was not sick. I know that I will manage to deal with the Quick Books software that arrived two days late from Amazon. I will figure out how to download all the stuff I have to set up before we meet with out accountant on Tuesday.

Going through the second pass pages of ON THE HOOK will be a breeze. The same for everything else I have to do. It is all so much easier when you don’t have a tissue stuck to your nose.

4 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

So sorry that you had such a bad cold, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Good post, too, demonstrating you can jump back in and put all that nasty stuff behind you!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, it was uncomfortable, but thankfully short lived.

chkntza said...

Stay healthy!

Betty Hechtman said...

Absolutely, Miriam!