Thursday, March 29, 2018

My New Crafting Mystery Series

I've mentioned a work in progress a time or two on the blog but hadn't give out many details. I was excited and a little nervous about the project so kept it a little close to the vest so to speak. It was a book with a new character, though still a crafter, and I was kind of afraid of jinxing the whole thing by saying too much as I wasn't quite sure where the book would lead. I was sure I'd finish it, but sometimes projects have minds of their own or what seemed like an awesome idea in the beginning fizzles out.

My new series, Twas the Murder Before Christmas, features Merry Winters, a crafterpreneur who specializes in Christmas: decor, attire, and personalized items. Merry and I share a similar issue (empty nest) and also a love of crafting and Christmas. I had a fun time writing about her and learning about her, her family, and her community.


If you follow my other blog (The Self-Rescue Princess), you know that Christmas themed books and movies are my favorite forms of entertainment. I dedicate my blog to reviewing Christmas books and movies from November to mid-January. (If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them. I can never have too much Christmas...much like my new heroine.)


Even more exciting than finishing the first book is having a home for it! In a few short days, the book will be headed to Henery Press who picked up the new series (currently contracted for three). 


In the first book, Not a Creature Was Stirring, Merry is excited as she's about to kick her crafting business into high gear with a purchase of a mobile crafting studio, an RV, and discovers it came with an extra item--a dead body. Right now, it's scheduled for release the end of January 2019.


1 comment:

Kim S said...

I'm sure you know about Hallmark Christmas movies. They are a fun way to waste a few months a year LOL Looking forward to your new book series!