Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tooth and Consequences

Well, it's still Tuesday, isn't it?

I had an early morning appointment with my dentist about a toothache that had slowly been getting worse over the past ten days or so.  I thought the worst that could happen was a root canal.  But he took one look and got out one of those teeny tiny cameras and showed me what the problem was: a crack in the tooth that had spread up under the gum.  The tooth was irreparable, it would have to be pulled and replaced with a bridge or an implant.  Either was going to cost thousands of dollars.  He was very nice about it.

I didn't realize how shaken I was until this evening when Ellen noted that I hadn't posted an entry on Killer Hobbies.

No, we don't have dental insurance.  No, this won't bankrupt us, but I'm sorry now for buying that Queen Anne Shilling.

Wow.

No comments: