Thursday, August 23, 2018

Adding Photos to Premade Layouts

In July, I wrote a blog post about Layout Kits to the Rescue, and today I wanted to show you the completed layout using one of the kits.The hardest part of using a kit from a class (especially if you cut and adhere down photo mats) is finding the right photos. Sometimes the pictures don't fit the premade photo mats and you must decide if you want to cover the mats or trim the photos more than you'd like.

Next time I take layout class, I'm planning on waiting until I find the photos I want to use before cutting the photos mats. One of the pictures I wanted to use was to big for the photo mat and I couldn't trim it down without losing the composition of the photograph (one of my favorite photos from our trip), so I used it anyway, even though it meant the layout wasn't balanced as the photo was a little wider than the others one on the page.

After I had completed the page, I found more pictures of this event, a stop at a scenic overlook point near/at Camp Pendleton, and added some Flip Flaps made by Close To My Heart to include those pictures. The instructions for the kit had the small tags used for photographs, I used them for journaling.






No comments: