Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Ideas!




It was fun reading Betty's post last Friday--as it always is with her posts.  But I was particularly interested in her working on something new and how she's expanding her idea.  I'll be excited to hear more about it!

That's a major part of being a writer.   I write other blog posts besides the ones here for Killer Hobbies, and one of them I wrote recently is all about what happens with some of our old ideas and whether we ever return to them.

I've found that things change in my writing over time.  I still love writing mysteries as well as romantic suspense novels, although I'm getting away from my paranormal romances.  And as I say often, everything I'm writing at the moment involves dogs--which wasn't always the case, although even early on I did feature dogs now and then in what I wrote.

I'm excited that next month my second K-9 Ranch Rescue book for Harlequin Romantic Suspense will be published: Trained to Protect.  And then in November my last Harlequin Nocturne Visionary Wolf will be published.  I'm currently working on additional Harlequin Romantic Suspense ideas. 

Then, next May, my fifth Barkery & Biscuits Mystery will be published.  It'll probably be called For a Good Paws.  Will there be more?  I hope so, but I don't know yet.  So... yes, I'm working on some additional cozy mystery ideas.

I'm always interested to hear about other writers and where their ideas come from and how they run with them.   So... if you feel like it, please comment about your ideas here if you're a writer and what you like to see writers do with their ideas if you're a reader--and feel free to address them both if, like me, you're a reader and a writer!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Love the title For a Good Paws. It's nice that you are able to keep writing about dogs. I know that I have enjoyed including pets that I've had in my books.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I hope to always be able to include a dog or two in my books, even if I write something that isn't dog-centered!