Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wild, Abundant Ideas




No real update on my two first mystery series and having them republished as ebooks.  The process takes a while, as does much in the publishing industry.

Meanwhile, I've been blogging a lot about ideas, and several are still spinning around in my head.  Not only that, but they're finding their way onto my computer as blurbs, synopses and even a few chapters.

One of them, a cozy mystery series idea, has a few semi-autobiographical parts to it.  Well, of course all my stories have a sense of me in them, especially because they say a lot about dogs, but this one's a bit different.  It reminds me in some ways of my first published cozy mystery series, the Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mysteries--one of the series I now have back and will be republishing.  Kendra and I had a lot of similarities, including the fact that she was a practicing attorney, as I was at the time, she lived in my area and had a tricolor Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Lexie, as one of mine was.  I love that series!

This new idea is quite different, and the semi-autobiographical aspects aren't ones that I'll necessarily point out if this becomes a published series.  But it does incorporate some aspects that I'll definitely identify with, at least a bit.

Let's see what happens... and whether I actually write the books!

1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

Good luck on your new idea.