Friday, January 4, 2019

Mixed Up Days

I was  just about to make coffee when it hit me that it was Friday and I hadn't written my blog post.  I'll blame it on the holidays. This week has been a confusing blur with the days not having their usual feel.

Monday felt like Saturday and Tuesday like Sunday and Wednesday felt like Monday.  I don't know what Thursday felt like other than confused.  It's the usual garbage pick up day, but because of the holiday it is pushed back a day. 

By the end of the holidays I always feel out of sorts.  Everything has changed from the exciting build up to Christmas.  Chocolate santas are half price at Target and look tired.   Christmas trees with a few pieces of tinsel sit by the curb waiting for the trash people to pick them up. 

Growing up in Chicago,  it felt even bleaker.  January was bleak and cold.  Short days with gray skies.  At least here in Southern California it is brighter, though our nights have been pretty frosty lately.

The bright spot on my week was that I finally started writing again.  I began the next Yarn Retreat mystery.  I already had thought out the basics of the story and the first five pages seemed to roll off my fingers onto the screen.  I'm thinking of calling it Mixed Knots or Going Knotty.  It will be the seventh book and I know the regular characters pretty well by now.

I don't make resolutions, but I thought I'd try making a vision board.  It's an interesting process of imagining what I want this year and finding things to put on the board  that will inspire me.

There are already hints of spring here.  Home Depot is selling pots of pansies and Target has chocolate hearts out for Valentines day.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

I can identify with your confusion, Betty!