Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Distractions


As you can tell from my recent posts, I've got a bunch of deadlines to meet.  I'm fine with the first two but need to dig in even more for the third.


But there are always distractions--like the conferences I've mentioned here, for example --California Crime Writers, California Dreamin', and Malice Domestic so far, and the Romance Writers of America annual conference takes place next month.


Then there are the usual things like my adorable dogs giving me orders--for treats, going outside, meals, whatever.  By the way, I just heard yesterday that it's been discovered that dogs have evolved muscles around their eyes that allow them to make expressions that particularly appeal to humans. Puppy eyes.  And I can't say that I'm surprised!


Then there was Father's Day and...  well, there are more distractions to come that I won't mention here. 


But am I writing?  Yes!  And I'm trying hard to continue to meet my deadlines.


No comments: