Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Animal Time


This is Killer Hobbies, and my supposed hobbies are dogs, although dogs are a lot more than that to me.


And to write this, I disturbed my younger dog Cari, who was curled up and sleeping on my lap while I read emails and didn't type much on my computer.  But writing on it... well, she couldn't find a comfortable position as I kept moving, so she got down.


I followed the LA Zoo's special Australia Bushfire Wildlife Rehabilitation Update and went to the zoo this weekend.  On Sunday, some wonderful donors were going to provide $1 to a special Australian fund for every person who visited the zoo, so of course I had to attend--especially since there were also special talks being given about Australian animals by zoo keepers.  I went to the first one which was about koalas, which of course have been badly affected by the wildfires.  But I also visited other enclosures, and saw Tasmanian devils, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and more.  Then there were the kookaburras.  They had a couple of them in a cage, but not the kookaburra I used to know.  That one used to sing to me--and not many other people, it seemed--when I was around.  "Oo-oo-oo, aa-aa-aa."


But okay.  I need to get back to the manuscript I'm working on now.  It has dogs, and other animals, in it.  I'll need to concentrate, though, to not be distracted by the slight snores of Cari and our older Cavalier, Mystie.  Although if Cari wants to get back on my lap... well, of course I'll have to accommodate her.


No comments: