Wednesday, July 15, 2020

My Dogs



Okay, Betty's post about her cats last week here at Killer Hobbies inspired me.  I have to talk about my dogs!

I've been addicted to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels for ages.  My current two are Mystie, who's 12, and Cari, who's 3.  Same breed? Yes. But highly different personalities.

Oh, there are some similarities, of course.  They resemble each other a bit physically, although their colorations are different.  Mystie is a blenheim--red and white, and Cari is a tricolor--black, white and red.

Cavaliers tend to be cuddly, and that's definitely Cari.  She wants all the attention in the world and is always leaping up onto the sofa to snuggle up with my husband or me. 

Not so much Mystie, although she definitely likes attention, too.  Her way.  Like, it's meal time.  Feed me.  Or, I'm standing by your shoes.  Take me out.  Or, I'm standing by the front door, so open it so I can stand behind the locked gate and watch the street and bark at dogs that go by--or bark in a different tone to attempt to summon dogs to come by.

Stuff they both do?  Beg for treats.  Constantly.  And in case you can't tell, I'm their servant.  So's my husband.  We try not to overdo it, but...

Okay, I'm hooked.  They're our family, our fur kids. And--oops, gotta go.  Cari's sitting beside me staring, and I need to figure out which command she's giving me.

4 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

We had a Bassett Hound a number of years ago. By far my favorite dog. His expressions were hilarious and his howling was masterful. Dogs have their own unique personalities and can bring so much to our lives. We are dog sitting this week for a cute little Havanese. She is a sweetie.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Bassetts are adorable! So are Havanese. I like most dogs even though I'm addicted to Cavaliers. And one of the most memorable and wonderful things about them is how they react to their humans!

Betty Hechtman said...

Your dogs sound adorable. Love the way Cari trying to summon other dogs. It's kind of a full house with the three cats and they've never been around a dog, but if one showed up out front, I'd certainly invite it in.

Linda O. Johnston said...

That might be an interesting visit, Betty!