Wednesday, February 3, 2021

News With Dogs

 I've always read, or at least scanned, newspapers, watched TV news and listened to radio news in the car. More recently I've caught up with news also on the internet.

 Of course a lot of the news these days has been particularly scary, about COVID and attacks at the Capital, riots developing out of protests, political problems, issues with the economy and more. I want to know what's going on--somewhat.

But the best stuff I see is about--what else?--dogs. There are now dogs back in the White House. A substantially increased number of people are adopting dogs from shelters these days because they're at home a lot more and want company --a delightful excuse, and it seems to be working!  Also, some dogs are being trained to sniff out COVID that people might have but don't know it.

 And yes, these might give me ideas of stories to write. I'm sure it's no surprise that most of what I write these days does include dogs.

Despite all the bad things that are happening, dogs--and, yes, other pets--can give us hope.  So, hugs and barks and licks from our best canine friends are cherished, not to mention meows and more!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

It s great to see dogs in the White House again. Love that one of them is a rescue.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree, Betty. It'll be fun to watch Major and Champ and see how they do in the White House.