Wednesday, September 29, 2021

New But Classic Ebooks!

 

          I’m excited to say that sometime in the next few weeks, my first, and then my second, mystery series, both published starting quite a while ago, will finally be available as ebooks!

          That wasn’t automatic back then. But I love both series. The first, the Kendra Ballantyne Pet-Sitter Mysteries, were about—who else?—Kendra Ballantyne, a lawyer who lived in the Hollywood Hills with her tricolor Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Lexie. Her law career got into some trouble, so she became a pet-sitter… and she solved mysteries, too.

           At the time, I was a practicing lawyer who lived in the Hollywood Hills with my tricolor Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Lexie! My legal career was going strong then, though. And no, I never tripped over any dead bodies, except in my mind as I wrote mysteries.

           Eventually, the Pet Rescue Mysteries became a spinoff from the Kendra books.

           And now… well, I’m in the process, with some wonderful assistance, of getting them available as ebooks.

           They might start appearing as soon as a few weeks from now, so watch for them! I certainly will!

4 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

Congratulations! I love reading the writings of author's first books. And I love that they will be e-books. Surprisingly, that has become my preferred reading method. I remember when my grandbabies were first born (nearly 20 years ago) packing a suitcase full of books when I made my first grandma visits. Now my kindle saves me so much room.

However, I do still love browsing through a bookstore. Especially old books. I always discover new treasures.

Happy day to you!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Sally. Still not sure when they'll be available, but hopefully soon. It's fun to read both ways, although I admit I'm still mostly a reader of physical copies--but this may change me! And happy day to you too.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I wasn't an ebook fan until I started reading them on my phone. Easy to read while I' waiting for my family which is always. Congrats on the ebooks!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. I'm looking forward to reading more ebooks, too.