Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Half a Year Gone

 

            It’s nearly the end of the first week of July. Half the year is gone!  And it has gone fast.           

            I hope you all had a good Fourth of July. Ours was enjoyable. From the balcony at the top of our house in the Hollywood Hills, we can see, and hear, fireworks all over the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. I worried a whole lot, since I doubt many were legitimate from municipalities as opposed to individuals, and with the drought here I was afraid there’d be fires, but if so I didn’t hear of them. And we went down the street to also see the fireworks at Universal Studios and beyond.

             I also worried about our dogs, but our older one, Cari, doesn’t have much hearing left, and the puppy Roxie seemed interested but not afraid. At least no loud booms sounded near us. 

            Holiday over. Back to work—and of course I worked on the holiday as well. Right now, I’ve finished the rough first draft of my second Alaska Untamed Mystery and am now working on edits. 

            Plus, I have a few events coming up. I’ll be on a panel at the Studio City Library for my local Sisters in Crime chapter soon, and at Bouchercon in September I’ll be on a panel called Odd Jobs: Writers Write What They Know. Do I know what I’m writing about? Yes…and no! Should be fun.

No comments: