Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Happy New Year!

 

Yes, 2023 has begun. It’s off to a good start for me, although nothing too special yet. The family members who surprised us with a visit last week have gone home. Such a wonderful visit! Now, we’re getting together with some other family members who are in town, though, and also enjoying it. Plus, we’re making plans for some trips this year. 

I’m still doing final edits on my Coltons NYC book for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. It has a title now, a long one: CSI COLTON AND THE PREGNANT WITNESS. Yes, that describes some of what goes on in the story, though there’s a lot more to it! It will be a November 2023 release. 

And now I’m also about to start on my next Shelter of Secrets book for HRS. 

I’ve also started signing up for some 2023 writers’ conferences: California Crime Writer Conference and Bouchercon, which this year will be in San Diego. Plus, I’m attending some local writers’ meetings. Glad things are returning. 

My puppy is now 11 months old, still a puppy but growing older—and even cuter. It’s fun to see Roxie snuggling up with Cari, who seems to enjoy it too, but not so much when Roxie attacks in play. 

Hope you all have a wonderful 2023!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Happy New Year to you -- hope it brings all good things.

I've never been around a Cavalier King Charles spaniel -- do they have the same personality as a cocker? My aunt raised cockers -- my mama had one of hers -- beautiful golden brown and white -- named Sugar. I remember seeing pictures of Nancy Reagan with her Cavalier -- it was always pulling on the leash!!

My son and I went to a favorite Vietnamese restaurant for lunch today -- delicious garlic shrimp and rice. We do enjoy each others company -- he's the sweetest ever.

Beautiful weather today in Phoenix -- bright and sunny. My daughter lives near Antioch, CA -- she's been getting weather warnings about heavy rain, high winds, closed roads -- yuck!!

Enjoy the rest of your day --

Patty

Linda O. Johnston said...

Patty, I'm not exactly sure about cockers' personalities, but Cavaliers are the most snuggly, loving, attentive pups you can imagine. Mischievous too, at times, like possibly Nancy Reagan's, and our 11-month-old puppy Roxie.

How fun that you got together with your son for lunch today. I'm looking forward to the next visit from our younger son, who lives about an hour away, unlike our older son and family in Indiana.

And LA's weather today is very wet! That's a good thing since it's been so dry here.

Enjoy your day too, and Happy New Year!