Wednesday, June 7, 2023

And It's June

             Yes, June is busting out all over now. It’s already the 7th, substantially into the month, and my last blog here was still in May.

And in case you’re wondering, we now have June Gloom instead of May Gray here in L.A.

I’m writing as usual, continuing with my next Shelter of Secrets story for Harlequin Romantic Suspense, and I’ve gotten word that the synopsis of the story I’m working on has been approved by my editors. They knew in general what the story would be like, so I‘d felt fairly confident it would be okay, even if I had to do some editing. Hey, that’s what writers do, right? We write and edit. And now I’m continuing onward.

At least I am when Roxie lies down on one of the chairs beside me and sleeps, rather than bringing a toy to me to throw for her, over and over. Or when Cari stands by the front door waiting for me to open it so she can sit behind the locked fence watching the world go by.

Oh, and I got official word that my next Alaska Untamed Mystery BEAR WITNESS will be published on November 7. November will be a busy month for me, since my next Colton Harlequin Romantic Suspense book, CSI COLTON AND THE WITNESS, will be published on November 27.

Okay, back to my story now.

6 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- You are a busy bee -- that's good!!

Is there a descriptive name for each month in your area? Around here, the next few will be described as HOT!! This morning is lovely at the moment -- only 71 degrees. I just watered the patio plants -- I have mostly succulents which do very well in pots. A plant called spekboom, or elephant bush, grows rampant -- have several pots of it.

I'd mentioned last week that my daughter is going to be at a new school this fall. She was cleaning out cupboards in her old classroom and found a cardboard model of a California mission that one of the kids had made. During the segment learning about California history, she does a lesson about the mission trail and the kids make their own models and choose the name for it. Her dog's name is Scooty and one of the kids called his Mission Saint Scooty. We've dubbed Scooty as patron saint of rescue animals.

I plan lots of crocheting today -- like any other day, actually. Plants and yarn -- I have plenty of both.

Enjoy your day, dogs and writing.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Good morning!

I don't know of any descriptive name for most months, but as I said the weather is mostly June Gloom right now, and I don't see a lot of warming in the near future.

I love the idea of Scooty being the patron saint of rescue animals!

Hope you are having a good day.

Sally Morrison said...

Summer is here and romance novels make great beach and pool reads. I'm heading to the library to look for some of yours.

Hope the June gloom passes soon and you get some nice California sun. Here in Florida we've picked up our pattern of rain in the late afternoon. We had a dry spring so I guess we need it. Happy summer!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree that romances make wonderful beach and pool reads, Sally! Hope you find some of mine in your library, although most of my romances are Harlequin books and not all libraries carry Harlequin series.

Enjoy your rain! We're supposedly getting occasional showers here, but I've only felt some mist in the air recently and seen a little on my windshield.

Betty Hechtman said...

November will be busy with two books coming out. But that's the best kind of busy!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I think so, Betty!